The Windows file system is large and complex, featuring not only a huge number of essential files and folders for the Windows OS, your software and hardware, but also several different underlying file systems that manage and maintain file integrity on your disks. In this book you’ll learn how to navigate around the Windows file structure (up to Windows 8.1), with what does what and how essential everything is. Additionally we’ll show you how to effectively manage file, folder and security permissions to ensure users get what the access they need, and no more. We’ll also show you how to repair the underlying disk file system should something go horribly wrong.
What you’ll learn
- The structure of the Windows OS file system
- The differences between different disk file structures
- How to manage and maintain file ownership, permissions and security
- How to manage and maintain file system security and encryption
- How to recover an unbootable file system
Who this book is for:
IT Pros, Windows expert and power users and system administrators are the audience for this book
You can buy this book from Amazon and all good booksellers.